Crisis & Disaster Management Unit
Crisis and Disaster Management Unit
To achieve an effective internal system to secure and stabilize the working environment against crises and disasters
Develop and implement plans and programs to secure the working environment and reduce the risks and negative effects of crises and disasters
Strategic objectives of the Unit
1 - Take preventive measures to prevent or mitigate the occurrence of crises
2 - Planning ahead of the crisis and how to deal with it
3 - Prepare plans and chart scenarios for dealing with crises
4 - Spreading cultural awareness of crisis and disaster management and how to implement the confrontation and prepare to deal with the events by training the faculty members and their assistants and workers in the simulator of the crisis
5 - Work on updating the early warning and crisis response
Committees emanating from the Board of Directors and tasks
First: Committee for Safety and Insurance of the Work Environment
Functions of the Committee:
1 Prepare protection plans for college facilities
2 Develop contingency plans and evacuation with the implementation of scenarios simulating how to act in the event of a crisis.
3 - Ensure the validity of fire fighting systems and their conformity with the specifications and secure the facilities of the college.
4. Continuous communication and cooperation with the University's Civil Defense and Protection Unit.
Second: Development, Awareness and Information Committee
Functions of the Committee:
1- To promote awareness of safety and security through seminars and educational lectures.
2. Preparation of educational studies related to the implementation and application of the specifications contained in the Civil Defense and Protection Regulations for the various activities and facilities in the College.
3. Raise the efficiency of the employees in the unit and encourage them to attend specialized training courses
4 Availability of information and data in a full transparency framework.
Third: Committee on Occupational Health and First Aid
Functions of the Committee:
Preparation of preventive and curative programs.
2. To spread health awareness, especially in the field of preventive medicine in the event of epidemics such as (avian influenza and swine flu).
3 - Ensure the existence of the required capabilities for first aid in the event of a disaster, God forbid.
4. Coordinating with the competent authorities, especially the hospitals, to establish a mechanism for dealing with the crisis.
Crisis and disaster management is one of the most important security and safety requirements for educational establishments related to large numbers of human resources and infrastructure that must be preserved as one of the basic requirements for establishing quality requirements in that institution.
The emergence of the unit and its role
The Crisis and Disaster Management Unit of the Faculty of Human Medicine was established in accordance with the decision of the College Council to form the Board of Directors by Resolution No. 93 of 23/11/2010 and then restructuring the organizational structure of the Unit by the College Council Resolution No. 152 dated 20/10/2015 as one of the outputs of the project .
Objectives of the Unit:
Identify the types and types of crises and disasters expected and then develop a plan to address each type.
Develop scenarios for disasters, crises, risks and plans to deal with them.
Coordinating with the counterparty in the university to exchange interest and efficiency at the university level.
Training the members of the administrative team in the unit and developing their abilities in this field.
Training the faculty members (students, faculty members, staff) to implement the plans to deal with crises and disasters and measure their effectiveness.
Role and functions of the Crisis and Disaster Management Unit
The role and functions of the Crisis and Disaster Management Unit can be divided according to the national crisis management system into three phases according to the stages of disaster management, as follows:
Pre-crisis / emergency event / disaster and where:
1. Planning (prediction / prediction) of crises and disasters that are likely to occur in the near / medium / long term
2 - Prepare plans and draw scenarios for crisis prevention and disaster response.
3. Taking preventive measures to prevent or mitigate crisis or disaster.
4. Prepare to deal with events such as personnel training and equipment maintenance.
5 - Spreading cultural awareness in the management of disasters and crises, and holding training workshops to improve the efficiency of staff in the faculty in this area.
6. Develop monitoring and early warning mechanisms for crisis and disaster management whenever possible.
7. Provide a crisis and disaster management operations room equipped with appropriate communication equipment
Second: the stage of confrontation, response and containment:
1. Implementation of plans and scenarios already prepared and training
2 - the implementation of acts of confrontation and relief of all kinds according to the quality of the crisis or disaster.
3. Carry out urgent emergency services.
4. To carry out evictions where necessary.
5 - Follow up the event and to keep an eye on developments in the situation, evaluate it and determine the procedures required to deal with it through the operations room.
Third: Balance Stage:
1. Limiting losses on individuals and establishments.
2. Rehabilitation and reconstruction (stage of resumption of activity) and protection from potential future hazards.
3. Evaluate the actions taken to deal with the disaster during the confrontation, response, containment and lessons learned phase.
4. Document the event and make the necessary recommendations and proposals, and direct them to the concerned parties to benefit from them in order to avoid future negatives (if any), and develop and update plans according to developments for better management.
Crisis and Crisis Management Unit
1. Determine the location of the disaster or the fire.
2 - to carry out fire fighting by means of fire available in the building
3 - Ensure the closure of windows and doors to prevent the spread of fire to the rest of the components of the building
4- Cooperate with the specialized teams of the civil defense department and the fire by guiding them to the fire / disaster site
Duties of department heads in Crisis and Disaster Management Unit
1. Make sure that the doors and windows are closed
2 - Ensure the separation of electric current
3. Supervise the eviction process
4 - Contact the competent authorities (Civil Defense - Ministry of Health)
5 - go to the assembly points to ensure the presence of all workers and not to leave any of them
Responsibilities and functions of the Crisis and Disaster Management Unit
1. Ensure that all occupants of the building are fully aware of the escape routes
2. Ensure that all doors and emergency exits are open throughout the working hours
3 - Ensure that the escape routes and corridors leading to it from any obstacles and be clear to the occupants of the building and the signs are attached to them
4. Follow up the validity and efficiency of equipment and equipment to address disasters and fires
1. Secure the building and save the system
2. Prevent the entry of any non-specialists within the building
3. Wait for the specialized teams of civil defense personnel and guide them to the site of the fire
5 - Tests and tests and evaluation
Conducting experiments and training for the occupants of the building to implement the evacuation scenario using early warning points and monitoring reaction to the problem teams to manage the crisis and the behavior of the occupants of the building through coordination with the competent authorities of the college, the civil defense and the Ministry of Health.
Analyzing and evaluating the level of performance of the crisis and disaster team and the errors that occurred to identify the shortcomings and benefit from the emergence of problems to develop solutions to avoid them in the future
Means of rapid intervention for rescue
- Members of the Crisis Management Unit of the staff of the College trained in fire fighting and rapid intervention
Civil Defense and Fire
- the police
- local unity
- Disinfection and lifting equipment
- Engineering administration at the university
- Natural gas
- the traffic